viernes, 30 de septiembre de 2011

(tentative) intentions

Roadmap for the next months


My plan for the short-mid term for the blog is to provide a conceptual approach to graph transformation, keeping aside technicalities and concentrating mainly on the ideas, as proposed by Goldreich et al.

My (tentative) roadmap is the following: a few posts revisiting the history and background of MGG and related topics. I will comment on other approaches to graph dynamics. Then we will check the main concepts of MGG, "informally" so to speak: completion, coherence, initial digraphs, composition, matching, sequentialization, parallelism, restrictions (graph constraints and application conditions) and reachability. I will try to propose directions for further research if it seems to me that I have something sensible to say.

This will possibly amuse myself for several months. Later, or maybe in the meanwhile, I will touch on topics such as labelling, multigraphs and some others. More advanced topics will be also addressed. As we progress, we will be hopefully entering the realms of complexity theory.

From time to time I will insert non-related topics if I'm aware of something interesting in the world of mathematics. The main topic here is discrete mathematics but in principle I do not close the door to any interesting stuff.


Donald Knuth: The most important thing in the programming language is the name. A language will not succeed without a good name. I have recently invented a very good name and now I am looking for a suitable language.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario